- With each new iPhone release, Apple comes out with a signature feature for the brand new flagship, a feature that then becomes the norm for the series.
- Unlike other models, the iPhone 8 might ship with a few signature features, including a curved OLED display, wireless charging, and exciting new augmented reality (AR) support.
- A new report from The Wall Street Journal seems to reinforce the idea that Apple is about to dive into AR with the help of iPhone 8 this year.
- AR features might be built into iOS 11 and future apps, but The Journal doesn’t reveal anything about the iPhone 8’s upcoming new software.
- Lumentum is a company that might provide these new sensors for the iPhone, and it’s the “biggest hint” that Apple is going after AR.
@RickKing16: “Report sheds new light on the real game-changer coming to the iPhone 8 #ar” open tweet »