- Project Tango devices relied on special sensors to make augmented reality apps work, but ARCore’s mission is to bring AR to all phones.
- Previous Samsung devices like the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, and Galaxy Note 8 have all supported ARCore, but this agreement signifies that Samsung will adopt it for future devices.
- Through a partnership with Google, developers will be able to use the ARCore SDK to bring AR to millions of Samsung consumers on the Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy Note8.
- That Samsung is going along with Google’s platform is a great sign for the future.
- Samsung has picked up a reputation through the years of including its own apps on Galaxy phones that duplicate the functionality of Google’s apps.
@AndroidAuth: “#samsung and #google team up on augmented reality with #arcore” open tweet »