- If you’re ready to dive into creating 360-degree photos and video, Samsung has a new camera to sell you and you don’t even have to have one of its phones this time around.
- Available starting Thursday, May 25, the 2017 Gear 360 will sell for $230 — more than $100 less than the bigger, but less powerful original.
- Samsung announced the camera at its Unpacked event in March alongside the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus phones.
- Though 360-degree cameras remain a niche product, Samsung stands to pull away from its competitors with this updated model thanks to the redesign and its broader handset support, which includes the iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus and SE and MacOS desktop software for viewing and editing.
- However, if you buy a Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus between May 25 and June 19, you’ll be able to buy a Gear 360 for $49.
@MarshaCollier: “Samsung’s latest Gear 360 is cheaper, more powerful than before #mobile #VR #techradio” open tweet »