- Snapchat is rolling out a new augmented reality ad unit that lets marketers pay so that users can see images or words overlaid on the world around them through their phone’s camera.
- These new ads, called “Sponsored World Lenses,” are not specific to taking selfies and work with the phone’s outward-facing camera.
- Snapchat Warner Brothers is Snap’s first advertiser for the new unit, promoting its new upcoming movie “Everything, Everything.”
- Launching new ad formats that marketers can’t find on other networks like Facebook or Twitter falls into that quality argument.
- New ad units — which theoretically means more money — can’t hurt.
@Recode: “Snapchat is rolling out a new augmented reality ad unit:” open tweet »