- Two months ago a HoloLens developer posted a video of a proof of concept demo featuring an augmented reality (AR) version of the original Super Mario Bros.
- In June developer Abhishek Singh recreated the first level of Super Mario Bros.
- Since that video was posted, a number of fans have been keen to play it as well, but Singh had no stated plans to release the demo.
- Similar to the HoloLens demo, the ARKit version allows users to stomp on Goombas, jump to hit boxes and collect coins, only it takes place indoors instead of outside.
- Many fans will probably be waiting and hoping for the AR Super Mario Bros.
@VRFocus: “When you need a plumber, turn to ARKit. Watch Super Mario Bros. rendered in #AR -” open tweet »