- Moelis & Company acted as financial advisor to ODG, which was founded by Osterhout in 1999.
- The company previously announced that it also had a strategic partnership with 21st Century Fox fox , which had invested earlier and participated in this round as well.
- The Osterhout Design Group has raised $58 million to develop new generations of mobile augmented reality and virtual reality smartglasses.
- I last saw a demo of the company’s AR glasses a year ago , when it demonstrated widescreen capabilities at CES 2016.
- The first round of funding for the San Francisco pioneer of AR technology comes from O-film Tech Co., Vanfund Urban Investment & Development, and several individual investors.
@FortuneMagazine: “This design group raised $58 million for augmented reality smartglasses” open tweet »