- I still have a pretty steep learning curve on the bike,” says Jorgensen. “
- Joe Chen, former product lead at Oculus, drove the Rio bike route with GoPros attached to a car hood, and then converted it to MPEG for virtual training.
- I use mental visualization to prepare for races,” says Jorgensen, who at 30 is a two-time world-champion triathlete.
- Then we just drove the course,” capturing it in 360 degrees, he says.
- “While VR is no substitute for driving an actual course, it will help familiarize drivers with the track.
@PopSci: “Gwen Jorgensen just won the US’ 1st gold for the Olympic triathlon! Her training secret? VR:” open tweet »