We’re hiring: Head of PR
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
As part of our on-going mission to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship, Second Home is currently looking for a brilliant Head of PR — to oversee, manage and execute all our PR and communication.
Reporting directly to one of our Co-Founders at our iconic Hanbury Street site, the Head of PR will ensure our stories are told in way that truly represents our Second Home brand.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop key contacts with relevant business, tech, lifestyle and fashion press within the UK and develop and maintain senior contacts at key titles
• To secure a consistent and high level of qualitative press coverage
• To create topical and proactive pitches by identifying and executing appropriate PR
• Write brand press releases and other promotional collateral
• Effectively manage, appropriate, control and research all relevant budgets
• Monitor and manage all press coverage
• Support, co-ordinate and promote all Culture Programme and Second Home events
• Oversee and project manage all press event activity
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience of working in PR within lifestyle / business sector with managerial experience
• Proven experience of building strong relationships with press
• History of project managing from concept to conclusion
• An ideas person with creativity and passion
• Experience of implementing PR strategy and high levels of subsequent press coverage
• Strong verbal communication and rapport building skills
• Solid understanding of the development of PR campaigns from strategy to execution
• Strong knowledge of the PR and media industry globally
• Excellent written communication
• Self motivated, pro-active, enthusiastic and tenacious
• Highly organised with excellent analytical and decision making skills as well as being results focused in stand alone role
• Creative and entrepreneurial skills
• Worked within the media industry such as journalism, broadcasting or press office
• Ideally from both in-house and agency background
ABOUT SECOND HOME
Second Home is London’s most iconic and innovative workspace and cultural venue, bringing together a global community of thinkers, makers, artists and entrepreneurs.
Our community includes fast-growing global businesses such as TaskRabbit, Artsy, and General Assembly, home-grown innovators such as Visualise and Asap54, as well as individuals including magazine editor David Rowan and Serpentine Gallery co-director Hans-Ulrich Obrist.
Second Home is accredited as a Living Wage employer.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the role then please send us an up-to-date CV with salary expectations and notice period to the wider Second Home team to Hello@secondhome.io