Do You Lube?
Lube it Up!!!
When I was doing home parties I often found that when it was time to talk about the importance of using lubrication the party goers would seem to be a bit uncomfortable and in my opinion it’s because people sometimes get shamed for using lubrication. During my shows women would mock the idea of having to use lubricant always stating that they didn’t need it and how unnecessary it was. Well I’m here to tell you that using lube with your partner and for solo play is very beneficial (sometimes necessary) to your sex life.
- The use of lubricant can prolong sexual intercourse for women. While the vagina maybe greatly lubricated at the beginning of intercourse it does have the potential to experience dryness, especially during long sex session.
- Using lubricants for anal play and intercourse can make for a more enjoyable experience for you and your partner.
- Different lubricants allow for people to experience different sensations. There are lubricants that have a cooling sensations, warming sensations, and some that assist with arousal. Finding the right lube for solo or partner time can intensify orgasms and make the experience more enjoyable.
- You should not use a silicone based lubricant with a toy made of silicone, it can cause a break down of the toy.
- There is a lubricant out there for everyone! Do your research and see which one is a best for you; many people are allergic to certain ingredients so it’s important to explore all the options before just grabbing some KY off the shelf.
- The use of lubricant can assist in preventing UTIs for some women during sexual intercourse but cause other women to receive them. UTIs can be caused by the ingredient glycerin that is common in some products.
- Silicone based lubes is the preferred choice of many because it does not dry out as fast as water based lubricants. Hybrid lubes are also available, these are lubes that are a combo of silicone and water, these types of lubes are usually safe to use with silicone toys.
Remember that when practicing some sexual acts with your partner such as anal intercourse lubricant is something that should be kept on hand, the anus does not self lubricate. Another import thing to remember is that vaginal dryness is common among women and it can be caused by illness or medication. If lubricant is something that you need to have a comfortable and enjoyable sex life make sure you communicate this need to your partner.
……If I was Oprah this where I would give out free bottles of lube to everyone!