If you Airmail app is running slow, there are several ways to speed it up; either through account specific settings (only applicable to a specific email account), or universal settings (applies to app in general).
- Open the Airmail app
2. Open Airmail Preferences (⌘,)
3. Go to the Advanced Tab
4. The Initialization dropdown menu has 2 options:
- Normal: The default option for the startup of the Airmail App
- Fast: Choose this option to speed up the startup of the Airmail App. This uses more CPU power.
5. Advanced Graphics Option:
Account Specific Settings
These settings only applies to a specific account. If you have multiple accounts, these changes have to be made per account.
1. Open Airmail Preferences (⌘,)
2. Select the settings icon of the account you want to edit.
3. Under the More Tab
- Folders Refresh: Set this to a longer timing
- Download: Untick Attachments (This will stop the automatic download of attachments)
- Reset Account: Click on Rebuild Database. This will reset and reinitialise the account.
Originally published at support.airmailapp.com.