StopBeingBusy — 12 ways to beat the morning blues
Do you have trouble waking up in the morning?
Do you frequently over sleep and have to rush to make your daily appointments?
Becoming a morning person is all about changing your habits. Before you ask…… YES, going to bed at 2am every night is a bad habit!
Here are my top 12 tips to beat the morning blues — Enjoy
- Do what you love and what you are good at — Nobody enjoys getting out of bed for a horrible job!
- Get a minimum of 7 hours sleep — Lack of sleep = lack of productivity. Not cool!
- Position your alarm out of arms reach — You will have to get up to turn it off
- STOP HITTING THE SNOOZE BUTTON. Get up as soon as your alarm goes off — 5 extra minutes will not make a difference
- Change your annoying alarm sound — Annoying alarms are annoying for a reason!
- Plan an exercise routine for the morning — This can free up your evenings
- Have a shower
- Drink a glass of water — Dehydration causes you concentration levels to fall dramatically.
- Listen to your favourite music during breakfast — Dance along if you must
- Read your favourite blog or newspaper — Fuel for your daily conversations
- Walk part of your journey to work — If you plan ahead, a gentle stroll in the morning is a great way to start the day — Especially when it’s sunny
- Remember to smile — When you smile, happy juice is released into the blood stream — FACT!
Food for thought: If you are always late and rushing for work, you will be rushing for the majority of your life!
I hop this help you on be at your best all day everyday. If you’ve had battles with the snooze button, how do you overcome the morning blues?
Until next time,