A big thank you to all the brands and individuals who came to White Label Expo in London last week to see our founder and MD, Jérôme de Guigné, give his presentation.
Speaking in the Amazon Pro Seller Summit area, which was packed out for his talk, Jérôme took the audience through the ‘hidden treasures’ of the Amazon Vendor Program.
He first explained what the Vendor Program is, showing how products sold by Amazon through a Vendor can own the buy box — because the algorithm prioritises those products sold by Amazon, and is also more sensitive to the customer experience than to the price.
And then he took the crowd through the ‘hidden gems’ of the Vendor Program, the little extras that make it so worthwhile. They are:
- Distribution: Protect your distribution and avoid common problems — such as your own dealers thinking you’re competing with them by selling on Amazon under your own brand.
- VAT: Avoid having to register for VAT in numerous different countries. In fact, because you’re selling directly to Amazon, you don’t have to declare VAT at all.
- Suspension: No more emails from the mysterious ‘seller performance team’, no more account suspensions without any warning.
- Special programs: Be on the likes of ‘Your Garage’, which allows customers to put in their car registration number and only see products that fit that car. There are other special programs too, such as Amazon Pantry and Amazon Show Room, which put vendors in front of customers in a different way.
- Vine Program: Get tested! If you’re in the Vine Program, you can send samples to Amazon’s club of reviewers… the only official ‘cheat’ for getting reviews.
Interested in becoming an Amazon Vendor? Visit our website to view Jérôme’s presentation and use our free tool to find out whether the program is right for you.