Who are we?
We are idealists, practical dreamers, people in every corner of the world who believe that a better future is possible.
Working together, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect, we want to help build a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.
Looking around us, we see a world full of:
- Good intentions waiting to be realized
- Meaningful connections waiting to be made
- Practical ideas waiting to be shared
To close this gap between what is and what could be — between what we know in our hearts to be possible and the reality we see around us — we are building a respectful community that will:
- Make it easier for people to move from intention to action
- Connect people, organizations, and resources
- Find good ideas wherever they are, and spread them as widely as possible
In realizing our dreams, we commit to taking:
- No violent action
- No action against any person or group based on their identity
- No action about you without you
We are idealists, we are everywhere, and together we can push the limits of what seems possible in our lives and in our communities.
How far do we start?
Once in a while, as we move forward, it may be worth restating what we are attempting to do here.
So here it goes:
What do we want?
To change the world, from the ground up.
By closing the gap between intention and action.
Yes, but how?
By inviting people everywhere to imagine, connect, and act:
* Imagine a better world, a better community, and a better life
* Connect with others, and share ideas, skills, and resources
* Act on our good intentions, and help others to act on theirs
Who will make this happen?
The world’s idealists.
Yes. Practical dreamers who want to build a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.
And they would?
Promote and facilitate action and collaboration using every available means, from mobile apps to a bulletin board on a village tree.
How do we start?
By seeing our shared humanity.
Then we get organized, plan the next Idealist Day, and invite everyone around us to imagine, connect, and act.
Day by day, month by month, we continue building a whole ecosystem of possibility so that no opportunity for action or collaboration is missed or wasted.
And then we dance.