🏆 I’m Product Hunt’s Maker of the Year!
This was 4th Annual Golden Kitty awards and it was the biggest one .
People nominated their favorite products from over 12,000 total that have been launched in 2018 on Product Hunt. There were only 322 products left in the final and people voted for the best products in 22 categories.
- 🏆Maker of the Year
- 🏆Side Project of the Year: MacBook Alarm
- 🥉3rd place in Lifehacks: Make OSX Great Again
It took me almost two years from when I first learned to code, build my first web app and launched it Product Hunt till I now when I have won best side project and become a maker of the year.
Congrats my friends who won or were nominated:
- PixelSnap and CleanShot by Luke Oslizlo and Paweł Magiera
- Blurt by Corey Gwin
- Shipstreams and MakerWidget by Armin Ulrich and Melanie Massinger
- FeMake by Steph Smith
- Threader by Marie and Vincent
- Maker Rocks and Kanban Mail by Ethan
- There by Mo Rajabi
- Simple Analytics by Adriaan van Rossum
- Make Book by Pieter Levels
- WIP by Marc Köhlbrugge
- Screely by Jurn
- Everyday by Joan Boixadós
- Refined Twitter and Gifski by Sindre Sorhus
Product Hunt is a unique website.
It allows you to share your idea to thousands of people just in one day for free and see if people like it.
It helped a lot of indie developers find their first clients and generate their first revenue.
I made 9 apps and all of them I launched on Product Hunt. All my apps got around 80,000 unique visitors for the time that Product Hunt analytics tracked, but the real number is probably more like 90,000–100,000.
Just imagine how much this could cost if I bought this traffic from Google or Facebook ads?
Start making something today!
This means that if me, a guy from the Ukraine with very average coding skills could make successful apps and sustain myself you can definitely do it!
I keep seeing that people dreaming about making a side project but never doing it or continuing to polish it but never launching.
Don’t be that person! If you have an idea you should start making something today!
There are 2 months left of Hardcore Year and I will focus on MRR because that’s my main goal right now.
Want to see if I reach my goal?
- All people who voted and supported me and bought my apps.
- Product Hunt: Ryan Hover, Nick Abouzeid, Amrith Shanbhag, Abadesi, Andreas Klinger
- Pieter Levels
- Marc Köhlbrugge
- Jeroen Pixel, Oskar, Lowen
- Dojo Bali co-working space, Michael and Kat and all members who helped me.
- Yaroslav Lazor and Lena
- Thanks people who helped me with coding of my apps: Pierre-Gilles Leymarie, Max Rovensky, Ivanischev Fyodor, Sergey Gerasimenko, Joel Dorne, Sasha Koss
- John O’Nolan
- My patrons: Max Makarochkin, Sindre Sorhus, Joel Runyon, Georg Martinka, Daniel da Rocha, and all people who donated
- My Blog subscribers and Twitter followers
Here is a small video from my celebration 🎉 🎉 🎉