there are many tutorials that do the same, but I decided that one more doesn’t hurt anyone, so here’s my version.
- Install Metamask in Firefox, Chrome or Brave Browser
- Get some test ether (use Rinkeby network with the faucet from here)
- Copy the content of this file
Optional: Modify the contract name (AndysToken), INITIAL_SUPPLY, token name and token symbol as you like.
2. Publish the Smart Contract of the Token
On remix ide select Run from the upper tab and click on Injected Web3
You should also have some
The next step is publishing the contract on the test network.
Click on Deploy Button (If you modified the contract name, you should select your name from the dropdown list)
Metamask will present you with a popup window. If it doesn’t click the Metamask icon from the browser’s toolbar and check there.
After 10 seconds or something you should get a contract address.
One way is to expand the metamask event and click on that arrow
another way is to wait and it will appear in remix ide and you have to click on the copy to clipboard icon
3. Add the tokens to your Metamask wallet
ADD TOKEN => then under custom token paste the contract address!