AMAZING WATERFALLS OF THE WORLD
The natural beauty of the world appeals anyone and everyone. The iconic beautiful destinations of the earth make our mind travel to a different world and leave us spellbound by the grace and charm of the nature. Andy Hayes, the famous traveler and photographer, who loves capturing his adventurous trips in his camera, has come up with a list of some of most amazing waterfalls of the world that he has captured during one of his tours.
- Iguazu Falls, Argentina: Located on the border of Brazil and Argentine, the Iguazu Falls are not very high, but are extremely impressive. Andy Hayes from Oregon has captured this beautiful waterfall which actually consists of 275 individual waterfalls and cascades. The rainforests surrounding this waterfall enhances the beauty of this waterfall and makes it a natural attraction.
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe: Victoria Falls, with a width of 1.7 km and a height of 108 m, is one of the largest singular waterfalls of the world. With such amazing width and height, it’s no wonder that it is among the seven natural wonders of the world and is a UNESCO heritage site. Its magnificence has been rightly named as the “smoke that thunders”.
- Niagara Falls, US: Located at the border of Canada and US, the Niagara Falls is among the most famous waterfalls of the world. It is formed by two sections- the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side and the American Falls on the American side- separated by an island. Andy Hayes from Oregon State Treasury has captured the view from all sorts of angles of this biggest waterfall by volume. Although the surroundings of this waterfall is a bit less naturesque, its accessibility, size and power makes it one of most famous ones.
- Angel Falls, Venezuela: Plunging from a mystical table top mountain, the Angel Falls is the tallest permanent waterfall in the world. The existence of Angel Falls defies logic as its source is the cloud forest located on a plateau held above. The sighting of this special place left Andy Hayes awestruck and he is sure to visit it again.
- Kaieteur Falls, Guyana: Located on top of the ancient Guyana shield among one of the most pristine rainforests, the uniqueness of Kaieteur Falls is its rectangular shape. This waterfall attracts people who like extreme trips and a pinch of wilderness since this waterfall is in middle of nowhere with no urban amenities.
With such incredible waterfalls located in the different corners of the world, let us indulge in a breathtaking experience.