Every year in a document I call my ‘Momentum Journal’ I track personal lessons learned & achievements throughout the year just so that I have an audit trail to look back at each year.
This year I wanted to share just a few of the things I am grateful for that I noted throughout the year.
- Proud my articles were featured in newsletters I read regularly such as Mattermark and Femstreet.
- Proud to be featured in publications I read such as Forbes and Financial Times.
- Resigned after two and a half years at international money startup WorldFirst. Highlight was working with a world star product team in the UK and Hong Kong.
- Attended dozens of events but particular highlights were AfroTech Fest (UK) and Northstar (Philly). Both were excellent representations of Black talent in Tech globally.
- Loved all the moments spent with family, a particular highlight was spending 10 days alone with my daughter (8 months old at the time) and visiting Glasgow as my partner had to travel.
- Moved into a new home with my family (it was on my wishlist of nearly 3 years).
- Delivered a keynote on Hiring from the Margins to Wonderbly, Bloom & Wild and Product Tank.
- Learned a lot about perseverance, determination and faith (God is great) by a close family I am friends with who went through testing times with their daughter.
- Hosted an AMA with Abadesi on Product Hunt with Marlon C. Nichols.
- My partner arranged a memorable 30th birthday for me with some of closest friends (two travelled all the way from L.A.) — Thank you.
- Went from interviewing Arlan, the founder of Backstage Capital for a podcast last year to joining the team to work on the London Accelerator and prove the value in investing in underestimated entrepreneurs.