- Those familiar with web development will find the structure of an Ionic app straightforward.
- Ionic also gives you some opinionated but powerful ways to build mobile applications that eclipse existing HTML5 development frameworks.
- We strongly recommend using Cordova proper for your apps, and the Ionic tools will use Cordova underneath.
- With Ionic, we wanted to build an HTML5 mobile development framework that was focused on native or hybrid apps instead of mobile websites, since we felt there were great tools already for mobile website development.
- While you can still use Ionic with just the CSS portion, we recommend investing in Angular as it’s one of the best ways to build browser-based applications today.