Principle and Technology behind Laser Hair Reduction
Unwanted facial and body hair can be a source of distress for both men and women .Since the early 1990s laser has become a widely accepted and a safe method for the treatment of excessive hair growth provided it is done in trained hands.Since the yester years, unwanted hair is being managed with shaving and waxing, but these methods are temporary and offer varying degrees of success.
- Laser Hair Reduction targets just the hair follicle without causing any thermal damage to the surrounding tissues.
- The hair follicle is selectively destroyed over a period of few sittings.
- Laser light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair. The light is converted to heat. Heat damages the bulge and the bulb, thereby disabling the hair structure.
- Laser light is not absorbed by gray, blonde or red hair.Hair must be black or brown in order to target the hair follicles.
- Most lasers are equipped with a cooling device that reduces the discomfort from the laser light and also protects the top layer of skin from excessive heating and potential changes in pigmentation.
Log on to our online portal Apollo Life to know about Hair Cycles and Role in Number of Treatments