- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts — cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 juice and zest of orange
- 2 tablespoons Nakano Natural Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- bibb lettuce cups to serve
- scallions and black roasted sesame seeds optional garnish
- Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper then add to the hot pan. Stir-fry until golden brown on all sides, about 6–7 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the hot pan, add ginger, garlic and chili paste. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add orange juice and zest to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits.
- Pour in rice vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 3–4 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir to coat with orange sauce. Drizzle with sesame oil and stir once more.
- Serve chicken in lettuce cups and garnish with scallions and black roasted
Source: The Lemon Bowl
Originally published on Wordpress