NETFLIX launch in India — A study
Objective of the study:
To understand the awareness of the brand Netflix among Indian customers
To understand the awareness of ‘launch of Netflix in India’ among Indian customers
To understand the attitude towards Netflix and likelihood of subscribing with Netflix
A survey was created using getinsights.co and launched to a sample of 378 respondents.
Only 50% of the respondents were even aware of Netflix.
Of the respondents who were aware of Netflix, only 50% of the respondents were aware that Netflix was launched in India.
Surprisingly, 50% of the respondents are willing to subscribe to Netflix. However, most of them would choose either the free trial or use the Rs. 500/month plan.
A majority of the respondents (80%) are happy and think it was a good idea launching Netflix in India and will subscribe on Netflix within the next 6 months.
Reasons why people think it’s a good idea –
1. It’s very popular abroad and happy that it’s available in India
2. Can watch favourite shows without delay/intrusion
3. International TV series can be watched at home
Reasons why people think it’s a bad idea –
1. Internet speed is low — you need high speed internet connection
2. Data caps are low
3. Internet reliability is bad
4. No one would want to pay when content is available for free on the Internet
For a detailed results of the study, please use the following link