Ancestral Mistakes — Pitra Dosha
The mistakes or sins committed by forefathers, the person will have to face Pitra Dosha. It is simply the repayment of ancestral mistakes.
Sudden death or death in young age hints towards Pitra Dosha. The Brahman Puran says that the effects of this Dosha can be reduced by doing Shraad. This is the time period of 16 days. People suffering from Pitra Dosha must do shraad in irder to get rid of this Dosha. It is said that the Lord of Death, Yama liberates all the souls on this day and let them meet their family. They come to eat food made by you.
If the person or any other family member see dreams related to snakes, this is a hint towards this dosha. One can have a dream of ancestors asking you for food or clothes.
· Problems related to children is very common in this type of Dosha.
· Mental disorders or physically handicapped children may take birth in the family.
· Many obstacles in married life. Sudden delays may arise.
· The native will face conflicts and arguments with the life partner.
· The person is having Pitra Dosha, if he is not able to achieve success in any work he starts.
· Person face financial and physical problems due to continuous sickness.
· Family will be in bad health frequently.
· Health problems like heart attack, asthma, diabetes or cancer may happen.
· The person may face poverty and scarcity of sources.
· The native will not be to attain good education and schooling.
· Give water to banyan tree in the evening.
· The native must do Pooja or Mantra Jap to reduce the effects of Pitra Dosha.
· Do Shraad as suggested below.
· Chant the mantras of Devi Kaalika Stotram. Especially on Navratre.
· Offer water to the Sun in the early morning.
· Offer food items to Brahmans on the day of Amavasya.
· Donate clothes, food and blankets to poor and needy people.
· Offer milk to dogs, cows and ants.
· Keep fasts to reduce the effects of Dosha.
· Visit various religious places like, Ujjain, Nasik, Ganga Sagar, Haridwar, etc.
One must do Shraad to get blessings from the ancestors. Shraad comes on the eve of Krishna Paksha of Ashvin month. One should offer food, clothes and other essentials in the temples to poor and needy. The native must respect elders and his parents. Donate food on the day of Poornima and Amavasya to poor and needy. Cook food and wait for your ancestors to come and feed. They will definitely come in any form.
The person having Pitra Dosha must avoid doing some things during Pitra Paksha ( shraad ). One should not purchase new clothes, property, utensils and jewelry. One should avoid celebrations in the days of Shraad. The person should not cut his hair. Try to avoid non-vegetarian food. All in all one should postpone celebrations and functions like marriage, new baby birth, new job, etc. Do not purchase new clothes, utensils or ornaments.