At home STD testing kits are a great option to test for all the most common STD’s at home. There are testing kits for Chlamydia, Herpes, HIV, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis. When looking at STD test at home options, it’s important to make sure any test you buy is FDA Approved.
Home STD Test Kits at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens
How can you test for STDs at home?
- If you’re looking for a home STD testing kit, you can usually find them at CVS, Walmart, or Walgreens. This is usually the cheapest option, but again the important thing here is to make sure that the kits are FDA approved. Some of the kits that you find at stores may or may not be as reliable or accurate as going to a clinic, or your family doctor. Also many people may feel embarrassed to go to their family doctor or if going to a pharmacy, most of the time they keep the home testing kits behind the counter so you may have to ask someone what type of std kits they have.
If you are sexually active it is a good idea to test for all the most common STD’s. One drawback with buying a kit at the pharmacy is most of the time they just have single STD test kits that only allows you to test for one single STD, like HIV, for instance. If you do want to test for all the STD’s it may be costly to have to buy each individual kit, and most likely they will not even have all the kits that you need. These problems have been solved by the company called Mylab Box, which we will outline below.
2. Get an STD test by mail from Mylab Box, read our Mylab Box Review Here:
What is Mylab Box?
Mylab Box is the answer to at home std testing by mail, where you do not have to ever leave your house, allowing you to test for STD’s at home safely and Anonymously. Mylab Box has covered all the bases if you’re looking for the easiest, least hassle way of getting tested. You can test for each individual STD, or you can order their full STD test kit, where you can test for every major STD within one package. Here are the steps involved:
- Order your test kit online
- The kit will be mailed to your house
- Follow the easy test instructions
- Mail your sample back to the address given
- All kits are FDA Approved
- Your sample is screened at an FDA Approved lab
- Get your results by email within a few days of the lab screening
We feel that this process is much easier and safer than buying a kit at the store, the most important reason is you can feel safe that your results are coming from an FDA approved lab, and you are not relying on your own reading of the results.
What we really like about Mylab Box
- It’s very convenient to order online and get the kit in the mail without leaving home
- Since you are doing the test at home, you don’t have to deal with anyone face to face if you don’t want to be embarrassed and you want to test privately at home.
- Total privacy — all of your details are kept private and are held securely and it’s all fully encrypted.
- The accuracy and safety of the tests are much better than other STD test kits on the market such as the ones you could purchase over the counter at a store or pharmacy.
- Mylab Box recognizes the transgender community and has instructions included for every persons personal situation.
One of the only drawbacks of a mail order std test kit with Mylab Box is that it takes a few more days to get your status as the kit needs to be mailed to you. But this is not a big deal if you want to avoid a possible embarrassing conversation with your family doctor, or some professional that works at an STD clinic.
There is one other great option if you want a fast, but private STD test by following these steps
You can order an STD Test online and get tested the same day
The company is called STDcheck, here is our review of STDcheck
It’s quick and easy, here’s what you do:
- Put in your zipcode
- Find an testing center in your area (4,000 locations nationwide)
- Visit the clinic nearest to you the same day
- Get your test results within 2–3 days
Here are some scary statistics about STD’s in the US
There are close to 20 million new cases of STD’s every year in the US alone. And that’s not even counting the many people who may have an STD and they don’t even know it, since many people will show no signs or symptoms. So it is very possible to be infected with STD’s and not even know it. And if you are sexually active, you are at risk for all STD’s.
That’s why it’s so important to get tested for your own health, and for the possible health of any of your sexual partners.