New Trading, Account Summary, Portfolio, and Market Creation Designs for v2
You can play with some of the re-designed pages at v2.augur.net on the Kovan testnet. The goals of this redesign are increased transparency and better organization of one’s positions within various pages, as well as a re-vamped Market Creation workflow which should significantly improve the organization of markets as well as the chance of valid markets.
V2 Transition Update
The preliminary parameters for Augur’s transition from v1 to v2 have been set. You can read the full details below but here’s the tldr:
- Earlier this year, the Forecast Foundation announced a v1 cutoff of September 15th, meaning that any markets that enter reporting after that date would no longer be guaranteed to resolve prior to Augur v2 launch.
- With the current target timeline, if there were no adjustments to the cutoff, there could be months of effective downtime where users would have no access to markets that they could safely trade in.
- The updated plan is a way to significantly reduce downtime and to diminish the risk of further Augur v2 delay risk.
- After September 15th, anyone can still create markets, but only Guesser-created markets are guaranteed to resolve before Augur v2 is launched.
- In the revised plan, it is expected there could be safely traded in markets up until around 2 weeks before Augur v2 is ready, reducing both downtime and potential Augur v2 delay.
The Forecast Foundation has no role in the operation of markets, trades or actions created or performed on the Augur protocol, nor does it have the ability to censor, restrict, control, modify, change, revoke, terminate or make any changes to markets created on the Augur protocol. The Forecast Foundation has no more control over the Augur protocol than anyone else using Ethereum.
Thus, we do not seek to advise others on how to use the protocol. We encourage those in the community that are well educated on Augur to pay it forward and share their ideas for best practices, tips, fixes and etc with the larger community via Twitter, Discord, Reddit, Github and other community channels.For more information regarding the role of the Forecast Foundation, checkout the FAQ.
The Forecast Foundation OU