April 12: Learn how immigration policy impacts Austin tech
Travel bans. Potential H1-B visa changes. Sanctuary city legislation. Enforcement crackdowns.
The immigration policy landscape has shifted enormously over a short period of time. It is more important than ever for Austin’s tech sector to be engaged in these important debates and discuss the potential chilling effects on tech’s ability to attract the best and brightest to our city.
On April 12, join fellow innovators and entrepreneurs to hear from Austin City Council Member Greg Casar and a panel of policy experts. Learn more about state and local immigration challenges, how new federal policies affect the Austin tech sector, and what you can do to make your voice heard.
Joining us on the panel will be:
- Brenda Salinas, Reporter, 60db (moderator)
- Bjorn Billhardt, CEO, Abilitie
- Celina Moreno, Staff Attorney, MALDEF
- Ashley Moran, Associate Director, Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
The event is free, but RSVP here.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonprofit dedicated to promoting civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on:
- Educating the tech grassroots on issues that impact them
- Advocating for tech-forward solutions to community challenges
- Activating the tech community to speak up, participate, and vote