26 Insightful Quotes on Jealousy and Envy
Who in all honesty can say they have never been in touch with their own green-eyed monster? By that, I mean those feelings of envy or jealousy that can swamp you at the most inconvenient times.
What is envy and jealousy and how can we identify this? Jealousy and envy are in the same family of negative emotions. There are many reasons for feelings of envy and jealousy but the fundamental cause is know to be serious lack of self-esteem.
Below are 26 insightful quotes that will help you better understand jealousy and envy:
1. "Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius." -Fulton J. Sheen
2. "Love sees sharply, hatred sees even more sharp, but Jealousy sees the sharpest for it is love and hate at the same time." -Arab Proverb
3. "Jealousy is not a barometer by which the depth of love can be read, it merely records the degree of the lover's insecurity. " -Margaret Mead
4. "Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty." -Francois de la Rochefoucauld
5. "Envy comes from people's ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts." -Jean Vanier
6. "Comparison is a very foolish attitude, because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears." -Osho
7. "Jealousy only eats up your beauty. Have more faith in yourself, you got something that other people don't." -cassyael
8. "Jealousy has been linked to increased stress hormones in the body and even a higher risk of Alzheimer’s in women." -Lindsay Holmes
9. "When people are jealous, they often over-think and try to over-control circumstances." -Scott Bea
10. "Whether your co-worker got a promotion or your best friend got engaged, it’s important to remember that their story isn’t your story." -Lindsay Holmes
11. "One person’s success doesn’t mean you’re failing." -Richard H. Smith
12. "All of these factors that relate to jealousy are about the insecurities of the jealous people, not about the love they have for their partner." -Gwendolyn Seidman
13. "To be seeking the envy of another is to be trapped in the same cycle that fuels any addiction: reaching for something outside yourself for something that ultimately needs to come from within." -Josh Gressel
16. "To be seeking the envy of another is to be trapped in the same cycle that fuels any addiction: reaching for something outside yourself for something that ultimately needs to come from within." -Josh Gressel
15. "Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
16. "If you have a grateful attitude, you’re going to be less focused on what others have and less likely to be unhappy because of envy" -Richard H. Smith
17. "If you’re constantly stacking up your life against someone else’s, chances are you’ll find something to nitpick." -Lindsay Holmes
18. "And yet, the wasted emotions of envy and jealousy continue to be present in our lives. It is a constant battle that wars against our heart and soul." -Joshua Becker
19. "Instead of feeling jealous, secure people seek advice from those they admire." -Carina Wolff
20. "And when you do feel jealous? Treat it as a powerful messenger. Jealousy shows you just where you need to go next on your own journey." -Tara Sophia Mohr
21. "Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own." -Harold Coffin
22. "Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate." -William Arthur Ward
23. "When we are in a state of jealousy, we are operating in a state of instinctual survival mode. We are acting out of scarcity." -Tina Su
24. "When you give yourself full permission to shine, to try, to experiment, to fail, jealousy of others subsides." -Tara Sophia Mohr
25. "At times it's hard not to feel bitter and envious about someone else's life, but there are some people who rarely get jealous, and they're clearly doing something right" -Carina Wolff
26. "Allow yourself to fully feel the feeling of jealousy. By facing the emotion directly and fully experiencing it, you’ll see that the feeling will start to diminish." -Tina Su
Jealousy and envy can be such a devastating emotions. Click here to learn how to effectively let go of jealousy and envy for good.
Below is a video version of these insightful quotes on Jealousy and Envy.
Living with jealousy and envy is tough. You can click here to learn how to transform jealousy and envy to success and happiness.
Below is a slide presentation of these insightful quotes on Jealousy and Envy.
Jealousy or envy is a kind of civil war in the soul. To find awesome collection of 62 insightful quotes, short informative videos, and links to useful articles that will help you to learn how to totally dissolve jealousy and envy for good, you can click here.