5 Essential Steps to Promote your App
5 Essential Steps to Promote your App Our most successful districts have done the following when launching their District App
Set a Launch Date
Get with your team to organize and schedule your app promotion
Inform your community their District will be getting an app.
- Use robocalls/emails/texts, social media, newsletters and the district website to announce that it is coming and what it will do.
- Start promoting your app with banners, posters, flyers, updated marquee signs, yard signs, youtube videos, etc. — Choose the techniques that work best in your area
Get buy-in from your Staff and Parent Communities
- Have a soft-launch party for your PTA/PTO — Invite Principals/Teachers to participate
- Ask soft-launchers to rate/review/blog about the app prior to official launch
Officially release the app for your educational community
- Include the media in your launch (Press Release, Press Conference, Offer Interviews)
- Use Blackboard Mass Notification— Send a message to everyone announcing the app the morning of release
- Share the app via social media — Provide links to download and post app-related videos
- Post information on your district website homepage that gives visitors links to download the app, as well as instructions on using the app
Don’t stop after launch.
- Promote the app at events throughout the year — Sporting events, fundraisers, back to school nights, parent meetings, contests, etc.