- Marc L. Mukasey, a top white-collar criminal defense lawyer who works at the same law firm as Rudy Giuliani, is on the Trump transition team’s short list to replace Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara, The Post has learned.
- Mukasey’s client list includes some controversial figures, among them Michael DuHaime, a confidant of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie who testified during the Bridgegate trial, and Roger Ailes, the former Fox News boss.
- Mukasey previously served as the deputy chief appellate attorney for the Manhattan federal prosecutor.
- His father is Michael B. Mukasey, who was appointed US attorney general by President George W. Bush in 2007, and who has served as a chief judge in Manhattan federal court.
- Now working at Greenberg Traurig, which he joined earlier this year along with the former New York City mayor after the two left Bracewell & Giuliani, the younger Mukasey is the global co-chair of white-collar defense and special investigations.
@yashar: “Re-upping this story by @KevinTDugan from November 2016. Worth noting that Mukasey is Roger Ailes’ lawyer” open tweet »