- Accenture PLC ACN is teaming up with Microsoft Corporation MSFT to create digital ID databases for more than 1.1 billion people globally, by using the blockchain technology.
- ID2020 is a public-private partnership devoted to resolve the challenges of providing digital identity for people all over the world.
- We note that Microsoft’s very own cloud-based platform Azure will be utilized to deploy this large scale blockchain and biometric technology.
- Each block has its own timestamp and a link to an earlier block in the chain, which enables all the parties to have easy access to information via a secure network.
- David Treat, one of the managing directors in Accenture’s global blockchain business, stated, “People without a documented identity suffer by being excluded from modern society.”
@bitcoinagile: “Accenture, Microsoft Ink Deal to Create IDs Via #blockchain” open tweet »