- Blockchain, a bitcoin wallet start-up, has raised $40 million led by venture capital firm Lakestar, Google’s investment arm GV, and billionaire Richard Branson, the company said on Thursday.
- The investment comes at a time of rising interest in cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, which recently hit a record high and has seen a massive rally since the start of the year.
- Blockchain has created a bitcoin wallet which is essentially a piece of software to store the digital currency and carry out transactions with other users.
- The money will be used to expand the team further and invest in more research and development, Blockchain CEO Peter Smith, told CNBC on Thursday.
- In addition, the start-up is looking to open new offices in different countries to expand.
@spair: “#bitcoin” open tweet »