- Ethereum’s price slipped below $200 for the first time since May 30, continuing its fall for a second consecutive session on Tuesday.
- The cryptocurrency has now fallen more than 50 percent since registering all-time highs of over $400 in early June.
- The cryptocurrency saw significant fluctuations throughout the trading session on Tuesday, recovering from heavy losses in early morning deals to trade 11 percent lower at $198.14 shortly before 4 p.m. London time.
- Both ethereum and bitcoin have hit record highs in recent months, with the latter moving almost 1 percent higher on Tuesday trading at $2,393, according to Coindesk.
- Like bitcoin, ethereum is a cryptocurrency built on blockchain technology.
@modern_rock: “Digital currency Ethereum crashes below $200 to hit 40-day low; down 50 percent since all-time high” open tweet »