- As a result hackers waged dozens of attacks a day to make them financially viable.
- According to the United States Justice Department, ransomware attacks quadrupled in 2016 to an average of 4,000 a day.
- Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration: What We Know and What We Don’t
- Last year, hospitals in California and Kentucky were targeted in ransomware attacks.
- Security experts said the attack on the hotel appeared to be a novel example of an increasingly malicious and prevalent type of modern-day piracy.
@nytimesworld: “Grappling with digital extortion, one Austrian hotel decided to pay up by @DanBilefsky” open tweet »