- An unidentified man held up a sign saying “buy bitcoin” during Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s testimony Wednesday before the House Financial Services Committee.
- The unidentified bitcoin proponent, whose stunt was visible on television, was removed from the hearing room.
- Yellen was speaking during the first round of the Fed’s semiannual monetary policy report to Congress and the state of the economy.
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee said in a note Friday that central banks may one day buy digital currencies like bitcoin.
- Lee was the first major Wall Street strategist to issue a report on the cryptocurrency.
@CNBC: “Someone held up a ‘buy bitcoin’ sign during Yellen’s testimony to Congress” open tweet »