- Banks can now use technology to make it easier to process paperwork, send money between you and your friends, and apply for financial services like mortgages and loans.
- Investor attention toward Canadian fintech companies has started to ramp up in the last few years.
- A recent report from Reuters puts Canadian venture capital investment in fintech companies at $137.7 million (USD) in 2016 alone.
- Peter Misek of the Business Development Bank of Canada thinks there are a couple of reasons why the fintech revolution has arrived.
- “Our smartphones have given insight into human beings that from the outside no financial institution, or frankly, company, would ever have had,” said Misek.
@JimMarous: “What is #Fintech? #banking #innovation #blockchain #insurtech #payments #AI #IoT…” open tweet »