- The drilling project would give geologists a unique vantage point, he said.
- The researchers want to bring steam from the deep well back up to the surface to provide an important source of energy.
- “We don’t expect to drill into magma, but we are drilling into hot rock.
- Despite Iceland having more than 300 volcanoes, Prof Freysteinn Sigmundsson, a volcanologist at the University of Iceland , says there is still much to learn about them.
- And it is the supercritical steam that the team wants to bring back up to the surface to convert into electricity.
@pa49: “Bitcoin miners rejoice — Iceland tapping into supercritical steam for cheap energy” open tweet »