10 Ways to Take your Power Back
10 Ways to Take your Power Back
Is your mojo missing? Feeling powerless? Maybe you just want to be a better version of yourself! Here are 10 ways that you can take your power back and increase your happiness.
1. Focus on what you want to happen: Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story. Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life, and pay close attention, you will quickly find that you are right.
2. Be grateful: Despite how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere either did not wake up or fighting for theirs. Exchange thoughts of what you are missing or don’t have for thoughts of what you have that everyone else is missing!
3. Take responsibility for your actions: The extent to which you can achieve your dreams depends on your ability to take responsibility for your actions in life. When you blame others for what you are going through, you deny responsibility- and give other power over that part of your life. Keep your power.
4. Forgive & Let Go: Forgiveness is the answer, let go, find peace, and liberate yourself. Forgive those that have wronged you in the past and reserve your energy for more positive ventures. Again take back your power. Having trouble forgiving someone read this article on Forgiving Someone you Don’t Like.
5. Understand that you can’t buy happiness: While you can pay for a good time, and many of the material things we desire are expensive but they do not truly make us happy. The truth is, most of the things that truly satisfy us are entirely free; laughter, hugs, love, and the ability to pursue our passions.
6. Be yourself: With media and magazine advertisements always telling you who you should be and what you should buy find your own unique path. There may always be someone who can do something better but there will always only be just one of you. Be the best version of yourself that you can be.
7. Make yourself a priority: Help other but help yourself as well. Know that it is ok to put your needs first. There is no time like the present to follow your dreams.
8. Be honest with yourself: Our lives improve only when we take chances. The most difficult chance we can take is being honest with ourselves. Through honest we can gain clarity which can lead to personal growth.
9. Face your problems: Face your problems head on. There is no person in the world who can dodge every punch thrown at them without a scratch or bruise. We are made to adapt, learn and solve problems over time. If you run from your problems, they wait for you to come back or follow you. Know that you are made to get upset, hurt, stumble and fall. You are also made to get back up and be resilient.
10. Spend time with positive people: If the people you spend time with suck the life out of you, you may want to reconsider who you spend time with. Look for people who have common goals and focus on supporting your realistic endeavors. Remember, it’s not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends.
We have also made things even easier for you. You can pick up a FREE Morning Affirmation printable Here. Hang your morning affirmation on you mirror, next to your bed, on your refrigerator, or somewhere visible on the way out of your home as a reminder. I bet that you will see a change in as little as a week.
Please share your experiences with me and any strategies that you have used to take your power back!
For more information about talking the next steps, to find our FREE PRINTABLES, and counseling services visit Concierge & VIP Counseling. Please find us on Facebook or Twitter for relevant material and motivation @PSYCHConcierge. You can also access our entire gallery of FREE picture Quotes on FLICKR by clicking here please link back to our website counselflorida.com.
Originally published at blog.counselflorida.com.