I’ve been in the web development industry long enough, to become a bitter old man, who screams at kids in his neighborhood to get off his lawn.
So I decided to write a small list of things that push me to despair, every time I encounter them.
- Clients who contact me to build a website, and then back away in horror when I tell them about my rates, just because they thought I’d charge them around the same price as a Wordpress template. Really buddy? Really?
- Other web developers who think they’re holier-than-thou, just because they're software engineers, we're all developers people, you don't see us acting like ass-whipes. These are the same kind of people who go around telling everyone their IQ, and how smart they are just because they’re “developers”.
- Junior developers that refuse to take advice from people with more knowledge and experience than them, because their hard throbbing ego keeps them from learning anything new.
- The pseudo-entrepreneurs that want you to build their app for free, in exchange for stock. These people actually want to reward you for your hard work, with stocks that are worth nothing, unless you build a product and give them value. I still can’t believe these individuals will contribute to humanity’s DNA pool.
- Developers who debate everything, literally everything. From spaces vs tabs to Linux vs Mac OS, and everything else in between. Holy fuck these people are annoying.
- Mouth breathers who call themselves designers, and proceed to buy and install themes when hired for a job. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with buying themes, but if you’re selling weed, you don’t get to call yourself a pharmacist.
I know, I’m fun at parties.