8 Important Tips To Stay Close To Your Distributor
BTN Identifies 8 Important Tips To Stay Close To Your Distributor and how it can help both you and your distributor grow your brand
- Communicate on a monthly basis, Via Phone (Yes, via Phone — not email). You must call your distributor and create a rapport with them. Long term relationships are vital to your brands’ success. Distributors must like you as a person.
2) Request depletion reports on a monthly basis and if you see high and stagnant levels of inventory, offer help right away. Check the report to see which SKU’s are selling and which are not.
See how many accounts were created and if the number of new accounts are increasing. If they are steady that may well mean that sales reps are not taking your brand out on their routes anymore. That can be a good indicator to fly down and work the market before it’s too late.
3) Promotional Material: Make sure distributors are adequately equipped with point of sale material for your brand at all times. Their office should always have shelf talkers of your brand, case cards and all other promotional material that you carry.
4) Programming: Offer programming to your distributors. Here are different kinds of support programs that a supplier can offer for serious brand building. We mention how a support plan should be structured and delve into each of them.
5) Always be in supply and fulfill orders promptly. Suppliers who process their orders within 24 hrs seem more professional than suppliers who take 4 days and constantly have supply issues.
The last thing you want is to have insufficient stock. There is a chain of events that occurs when you are out of stock.
Continue reading about Tips To Stay Close To Your Distributor