Fancy a change or time to step up? We are looking for a talented Senior Android Developer
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Senior Android developer to join our team.
You’ll have spent years getting your hands sticky with KitKats, Lollipops, and Marshmallows and more recently Oreo’s; both in a pure development role as well as supporting the architectural design and implementation of applications, including ensuring compatibility across the complex range of devices and flavours.
Additionally, you’ll fit perfectly into a large agile team. With a hive of activity and project teams around you, you’ll bring experience of developing world class Android applications that support multiple mobile and tablet devices; your knowledge of principles and patterns, as well as security and quality will be invaluable.
You grew up tinkering with technology, spent years getting your hands dirty in the code, preferably have experience working in an agency and you have a love for finding elegant technology solutions.
You are confident in taking a user story and working either independently or alongside your team to find a technology solution that is fit for both consumer and business requirements.
- Be honest, direct and take ownership of your work
- Have a strong eye for details
- Play well with others, we’ve got a fantastic team to work with
- Know how to articulate your ideas to the client and to the team
- Be a tinkerer and explorer, don’t be afraid to question
- Be interested, be interesting, we love variety
- Own and be responsible for delivering key work streams / work packets
- Mentor and co-ordinate with other team members
- Take part in definition of work streams including research and development, workshops to define user stories, acceptance criteria, estimation, and specification
- Explain technology solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Act as a platform evangelist for Android, sharing news and updates
- Continuously measure and identify opportunities to improve methodology
- Expert at Java and the Android SDK (including support libraries)
- Experience with Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit
- Have a portfolio of Android applications live in the Google Play Store
- Experience of developing custom UIs, animations and transitions
- Experience integrating securely with first party web services and systems
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, test-driven development
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks
- Experience defining technical approach and solution against user stories
- Advocate of iterative working processes borrowing from the agile mindset
- Experience presenting to, discussing with and supporting client product owners
- A strong background in development, technologies, patterns and techniques
- A proven ability to estimate (size and scope) technical tasks / work packets
- Passionate about exploring new technologies
- Experience working in a fast paced, agency environment
The opportunity to join a new studio with high ambition and a genuine purpose to:
- Help our clients and partners break through
- Do everything in our power to help launch meaningful products and services that make a difference you can measure
The opportunity is to help us grow the right way, in a fundamentally strategic leadership role. To work with an amazing set of clients that partner with us on an interesting set of challenges that you will help to solve, whilst surrounded by a talented young team of Big Radicals in the heart of Soho, based in an office that is host to industry leading speaker sessions, the occasional party, and an eclectic selection of beers on a weekly basis.
On top of that you’re in for a competitive salary, pension, private medical insurance, income protection & death in service scheme, childcare vouchers, company loan, ride to work scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development opportunities, and an employee referral scheme if you recommend any like minded friends to join our team.
Who We Are
We are a digital product & service design studio. We exist to launch brands, products & services that are purposeful and have meaning, that outperform the market and deliver more value.
We believe that very few brands, services & products are recognised as purposeful.
We are here to fix that.
Our focus is Rapid Breakthrough Product Development — getting to the point fast, making things tangible, and helping our clients launch great products and services that make a difference you can measure. Our engagements with clients are designed to get our clients to a solution quickly, producing a complete and holistic story enabling stakeholders to make decisions.
The principles of working fast, structured and lean are what really matters to us though, so team culture and interaction are fundamental to success. We look to bond “one product team” that will move mountains together. Our approaches are geared to making sure things get done, iterate naturally, and deliver the outcomes we set together.
By using proven methods and techniques around design thinking, Our award-winning team is passionate, like-minded and collaborative. Driven by a desire to disrupt, they thrive on diversity, learning through exploration, and on real world innovation that impacts millions of people across the globe, every single day.
If you’re ready to embrace the unknown, cut through the BS and are brave enough to question what is comfortable, we’d like to talk to you.
Let’s move mountains together.
Contact email@example.com for more information!