Building High Quality Business Apps For Enterprises
19 06 2015
Business application development was always a tiring affair for enterprises both in terms of cost as well as time consumption. Even on custom developing the applications based on identified requirements and implemented, CXO’s and CTO’s most of the times found it deviating from the objectives with unforeseen issues. This further leads to more investment and time to fix, and the cycle goes on.
Application development was always costly or made to be so. Are there any alternatives? Of course, yes. We will explore it, but before that lets have a brief overview of the key characteristics to be ensured in enterprise grade applications.
Key Characteristics Of Enterprise Apps
First thing not to be compromised and decides the success of any enterprise grade app is its performance. It is essential to make sure that the app is built with clean and efficient source code. A well-researched and scalable architecture is the key to ensure optimum performance of any application. This requires high-end logic and effective coding to make the app perform well even when a higher number of users are logged into the system. A well thought out and implemented design guarantees optimum level of performance.
Next, it is highly important to protect enterprise-grade security in order to ensure the smooth run of any businesses. Enterprises want to protect their data, servers, files, documents, and application source code from any intruders or unrecognized systems. The golden rule to follow here is to “provide right information to the right users” and “always keep away from trespassers”. A well-built application should be able to get the users and resources well organized, traced, and controlled.
You do have an entrepreneurial vision on your business to go beyond times and to make it adaptable to the fast changing market needs and challenges. So, the enterprise apps also needed to built with the right futuristic vision to be flexible and adaptable to changes at least up to the next 10 years. The apps should have provisions and ability to expand the business logic, data structure, features, workflow, process management etc., to be well taken care of in the architecture. The system should be capable to expand its user base and database exponentially and sometimes very drastically.
Your enterprise apps are not meant to be standalone for a specific functionality. The effectiveness of an app is decided over its capability to get integrated with other functional components to ease it up for users to enjoy a simplified user experience and centralized control. So, apps should be able to give and take services and data from other systems. A major characteristic, which decides the value of a futuristic app would surely be its capability for seamless integration.
Once after the enterprise app is satisfactorily built and implemented, the next big challenge is its maintenance over time, which should not be a burden to the users. Things to take care of during development to ensure it are like source code must be highly maintainable with low data and app logic redundancy, clean and bug free code, easy to understand and simple coding style, high degree of reusability to meet similar functionality at other places etc.
6.Make It Brandable
Branding of each minute aspect and components related to your business is a key decisive factor in its success. So, when you develop an enterprise app for your business, brand aspect needs to be well taken care of. Think of a futuristic interface design, which can change according to the brand interests of your customers or users based on who logs on to the app. Ensure that the user interface follows the standard guidelines for enterprises from a branding and navigational standpoint.
7.Cost, Cost, Cost !!!
It’s well said above about essential characteristics, but when all these are incorporated, it will surely have a substantial impact on the cost.
Let me come to that key question again. Are there any alternatives? Yes, a well-defined development process can drastically control and reduce the cost of making and maintaining an enterprise grade app.
Apps First — Lightweight, Scalable, Low cost
Apps built on Apps First (a reliable and self app development platform from Biz First) ensures coverage of all above essential characteristics effectively. The common use cases defined in Apps First are built using solid enterprise data and application architecture and published on the library. Apps First also incorporates well-researched and proven design and architectural patters to create a solid technology basement for app building. The power of Microsoft’s SQL Server database is also offered for undisputed data efficiency.
- Easy UI — Apps first uses a standard transactional application UI model, which is highly customizable. The admin and transactional app UI models are different from the social, collaboration, website UI models. Our engineers designed the basic UI by perfectly meeting the objective of optimal productivity and maximum ease of usage.
- Security Guaranteed-There is a solid and easily integrable security system to guard your apps. Secure First from Biz First is an unrelentingly strong access and identity management security software, which can guard your data, servers, access management, and vital documents.
- Flexible and Stretchable- All the apps built on Apps First are highly flexible too. You can easily add rules, forms, pages, or data structure anytime on the go without the help of a developer. This in turn ensures a high cost advantage in terms of maintenance and up-gradation of apps. It is truly built for the future. As the user base and database grows, one can simply add more servers to scale up the app on this stretchable cloud platform.
- Data Sharing — Your apps can expose the data as service and also easily share with or consume data from other apps within the same ecosystem. This brings forth a huge opportunity to you when a hosted app can, with full-proof security, directly access data from other apps. Going a step ahead, based on set directions, an app can also access data from other data sources outside the platform.
- Re-usability — Apps built on Apps First have a highly maintainable code. The components are highly reusable. You need not worry about going through the chaos of rebuilding it if any changes to be incorporated. Instead, on Apps First, changes can be made with just a few clicks without hampering the flow. Adding to it, the possibility of human errors is also fully eradicated as the coding is done by the machine.
- Branding As You Need It — Apps First fully understands the value of branding in business. The apps built on this platform are highly sensitive to branding needs. Just imagine you can change the logo of all your apps just by simply changing your account level logo or changing the skin of multiple apps over a few clicks. There is a ‘Brand’ component in the Web Designer tool, which helps you meet all the branding needs at a breeze.
- Not Burning A Hole In Your Pocket –When it comes to cost factor, all these features on Apps First come to you at an unbelievably low price. Biz First makes app development simplified without putting any financial burden on the users.
It is so easy it to setup and create your app. Sign Up Now and Try Apps First Free!
Originally published at blog.bizfirstonline.com.