Decred x BlueYard Berlin Meetup: Currencies, Core-Chains & The Future of Blockchain Governance and Development
We are happy to support Decred in building their community of developers and both PoW and PoS miners across the world — so we are excited to host the first Decred meetup in Berlin Wednesday 18 July, with folks from all across Europe. Jonathan Zeppettini (JZ)will join us to talk about:
- What Decred is and how it is different from other crypto currencies
- How Decred will evolve in the future
- How to get involved, be it through developing, mining or participating in the governance process
An interesting aspect of Decred is that a part of the block reward is set aside to fund the development of Decred. In the future all spending out of this pool will be governed by Decred’s stakeholders. In conversation with Ele from oscoin (moving the open source ecosystem onto the blockchain), JZ will dive deeper into the specific mechanics of Decred’s system and also chat generally about why developer incentivization and project governance are important properties. Roughly our agenda for the evening will look like this:
- 6:30pm — 7:00pm: doors open + pizza and drinks
- 7:00pm — 7:30pm: JZ’s talk about Decred + Q&A
- 7:30pm — 8:00pm: conversation between Ele and JZ on developer incentivization and project governance
- 8:00pm — 8:15pm: open Q&A
- 8:15pm — 9:30pm: mingle with more pizza and drinks
Please register via Eventbrite here if you’d like to come. We look forward to seeing you!
BlueYard will collect and store participant data for event management purposes only. We will only store data which is relevant to the event and directly submitted by the participant through Eventbrite. The data will be stored in Eventbrite and will not be shared with anyone outside of the meet-up planning team. You can request to access, amend or delete your data at any time by emailing email@example.com.
BlueYard is committed to keeping our events safe and harassment-free. View our events code of conduct and incident report form.