How to Compose a Top-Notch Essay on Great Expectations?
Composing a top-notch essay on a novel as well-known as Great Expectations may be a bit intimidating at first and while you may be unsure of what to write or how to write it, there is plenty of great information out there to help get you through it. Here we will examine the components of a top-notch essay as well as topic suggestions to get you well on your way to success.
Understanding Structure and Expectations
There are many different aspects that have to be taken into account when completing this type of assignment. First and foremost, it’s crucial to understand the basic structure of this kind of assignment as you will be using this for all future papers of this kind in the future. The basic outline is as follows:
- Introduction/Thesis Statement
- Content Paragraph 1
- Content Paragraph 2
It’s important to keep in mind that the content paragraphs will change based on the kind of paper that you are writing. For example, if you are writing a narrative document, your content paragraphs will be placed in the order of events chronologically to give readers a better sense of what’s going on. If you are writing an argumentative paper, you need to place your strongest argument first within the content paragraphs and then work your way down to the weaker ones. It all comes down to the kind of essay that your instructor expects from you.
Topic Ideas and Suggestions
As there are so many different topics that one could choose to write on regarding Great Expectations, it can be a bit difficult to select just one. Be sure that whatever topic you choose is something that you are personally interested in and can invest time and effort into as this will be what appeals to your readers, and separates your work from that of your peers. There are also plenty of other sources of information on the Internet should you need more topic suggestions or other assistance.
- There are various social classes in Great Expectations. What role do these social classes play? What does Pip learn from his position as a wealthy gentleman?
- What symbols of justice does Pip encounter throughout the novel? What roles to guilt and innocence play?
- How does the title reflect Pip’s experiences? What “great expectations” does Pip have?
- There are two different endings to this novel. Describe these two endings and explain which is your favorite and why.
- Did Joe do enough to protect Pip? Why or why not?
- How does Estella change at the end of the novel? Does this change seem real? Why or why not?
As you can see, writing an essay on Great Expectations, while it may seem a bit daunting initially, is nothing to be concerned about and can easily be done. Through picking out a great topic you are interested in, finding the type of paper that fits your style and using the resources available to you, you should have no trouble writing a successful and engaging paper that everyone will enjoy.