Collecting a Judgment in California

Whether you’re a business or an individual, you may have to collect a judgment at some point. Following California law, there are many steps to take. Doing this is not easy or fast. However, if you want to collect your money, judgment enforcement may be your only option.

Collecting Different Types of Judgments in California

This California judgment enforcement information can apply to different types of judgments:

  • Tenant non-payment judgments
  • Tuition non-payment judgments
  • Property and/or monetary damages associated with evictions
  • Small claims judgments
  • Child support judgments
  • Monetary judgments of various kinds

Before making any attempts to collect, you will have to wait 30 days from the point that the courts sent the notice. During this time, the debtor may take action to reverse the judgment or to make payments. If nothing has happened after 30 days, you may begin to take steps towards retrieving your money.

One of the first things you may attempt is to contact the debtor. You can do this as a way to set up a payment plan. You can speak with the debtor about what to do, the amount they can pay, and the payment schedule that works for them. You and the debtor can exchange information to ensure that regular payments go to where they should go.

What if Your Debtor Refuses to Pay?

This only works if your debtor is willing to voluntarily pay you, though. In many cases, the debtor will do everything they can to avoid paying you. According to California law, if a debtor refuses to make payment, there are some extra steps that you can take. Seizing assets or property is a common move. This allows you to collect your money even if the debtor refuses to pay you. It does not always cover the full amount, but it is something.

To seize the assets or property, or to take any other action against a debtor, you will have to go through a long legal process. It takes a lot of time and work to get the money owed to you. This may seem unfair, especially with how long it has been since the debtor paid you, but it is how the legal system works. It is slow and tiresome.

Don’t Want To Enforce a Judgment in California Yourself? BOOST it.

Getting this process off your hands is possible. BOOST gives you an alternative. Rather than putting in all of the effort yourself, you will have the team at BOOST handle it for you. They will take your judgment and begin to collect on the debtor. Everything follows California law precisely to avoid any legal troubles. No upfront fees and no risk on your end make this a stress-free process. You can recover your money without having to struggle with the process yourself. Relax, sit back, and let BOOST collect the money that you deserve.

Call 201–297–1302 or click here to submit your judgment to BOOST today.

Judgment in California

What counties does this apply to?

  • Los Angeles County
  • San Diego County
  • Orange County
  • Riverside County
  • Sen Bernardino County
  • Santa Clara County
  • Alameida County
  • Sacramento County
  • Contra Costa County
  • Fresno County
  • Kern County
  • City and County of San Francisco
  • Ventura County
  • San Mateo County
  • San Joaquin County
  • Stanislaus County
  • Sonoma County
  • Tulare
  • Santa Barbara
  • Solano County
  • Monterey County
  • Placer County
  • San Luis Obispo
  • Santa Cruz County
  • Merced County
  • Marin County
  • Butte County
  • Yolo County
  • El Dorado County
  • Imperial County
  • Shasta County
  • Madera County
  • Kings County
  • Napa County
  • Humboldt County
  • Nevada County
  • Sutter County
  • Mendocino County
  • Yuba County
  • Lake County
  • Tehama County
  • San Benito County
  • Tuolumne County
  • Calaveras County
  • Siskiyou County
  • Amador County
  • Lassen County
  • Glenn County
  • Del Norte County
  • Colusa County
  • Plumas County
  • Inyo County
  • Mariposa County
  • Mono County
  • Trinity County
  • Modoc County
  • Sierra County
  • Alpine County