Any chicken will do…but I like my thighs.
Things You’re Gonna Need:
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4 ounces each)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (or smoked paprika!)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14 ounces) artichokes packed in water, drained
1 tablespoon butter
1 package (8 ounces) sliced cremini mushrooms (or button if you can’t find the creminis!)
2 tablespoons almond meal or flour
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
Whatcha Gotta Do:
- Place chicken in 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Combine paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; set aside. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cut artichokes in half or quarters depending how big your mouth is; arrange in swell patterns around chicken.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle meal/flour over mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in heavy cream; cook 1 minute. Pour evenly over chicken and artichokes, yelling “The dam has burst!”
- Bake 30 minutes or until no longer pink (the chicken not the you).
For fun varriation, toss in some sliced green olives or capers (without the juices).
Serve with a side of green beans or asparagus.
Originally published at Blue Dog Farm.