’Cause I’m Paid in Full: How I Paid Off One of My Student Loans Effortlessly
So…I have officially paid off one of my student loans I took out to study abroad in Jamaica while in graduate school.
Tribe, I didn’t know this particular loan was paid in full since January!!! The master plan worked! Thank God for emails and communication with the loan officer! LOL!
How did I pay off that particular loan? I paid twice the amount each month and in 2012 I’ve spent a Summer as an Americorps Vista (https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps)! As a Vista, I was able to use my education reward to use towards my student loan payments!
*Loan Forgiveness Programs*
1. Public Service Loan Forgiveness
2. Teacher Loan Forgiveness
3. Teacher Cancellation for Federal Perkins Loan
4. Special Teacher Forgiveness Programs for Each State
5. Forgiveness with Income Based Payment
6. Americorps Vista *education awards to be used for student loans/tuition assistance*
7. Peace Corps *Pays up to 90% of student loans*
1. What financial goals do you have?
2. What bill(s)do you desperately need to pay off?
3. How are you going to budget your money?
4. What is something you want to own? Business? House? Property?
Don’t forget to pay yourself because you spent 40+ hours a week commuting, pouring your energy and hard work on your job or business!
Originally published at www.browngirlfromboston.com on July 12, 2017.