TL;DR; Workflowy is a (free) website where you can take notes and doesn’t matter how big it gets it is still easy to manage. Check it out https://workflowy.com/invite/35df8d82.lnx
Workflowy is a (free) website where you can take notes on lists. It is being really useful for me (and every co-worker) because we can take notes of steps we take to do something then when we need to use it again we can just look at my notes instead of having to figure it all out again.
We can also take notes of commands we run so if we need something crazy again we don’t have to figure it out, it’s already there.
If you want to try it out you can register with this link https://workflowy.com/invite/35df8d82.lnx
It’s a referral link, it means you will get +250 items/month for free (I will get it as well, you can refer your friends to get more items/month). You can also choose to support them by buying the pro version, which allows unlimited items.
You can take notes about everything. It’s just like Trello, it works not only for development but works for marketing, cooking, training, shopping…
Some of the features:
- You can check items as completed (TODO check list)
- You can share a specific list (view only or view & edit)
- You can create lists to any depth
- There are keyboard shortcuts
- It saves automatically
For example, the following list is where I store several notes about many things, most technical/dev stuff.
You could also build:
- List to save links (just like Pocket; checkout this extension)
- Crazy ideas list, take notes and never forget crazy ideas again (there is a mobile app)
- Shopping list
- TODO list when someone joins/leaves group/company/…
- Steps taken to complete a task (remember what was done, commands that you needed…)
- Cooking recipes
Just like Trello there are plenty ways to use it, you just have to figure them out.
So, wanna try it out? https://workflowy.com/invite/35df8d82.lnx