Buhari Administration Projects in North West Nigeria
1. Construction of Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Highway. The project is being funded by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF), established by President Buhari in 2018 to fund critical infrastructure projects. (ongoing)
2. Dualisation of Kano–Wudil–Shuari section of Kano–Maiduguri Road linking Kano–Jigawa–Bauchi–Yobe–Borno States. (Section I) (ongoing)
3. Dualisation of Kano–Katsina Road Phase I, Kano Town (Dawanau roundabout to Katsina border in Kano) (ongoing)
4. Completed 135km Sokoto–Tambuwal–Jega Road.
5. Construction of Kano Western Bypass, as an extension of dualisation of Kano–Maiduguri Road Section I (ongoing)
6. Construction of Kaduna Eastern Bypass, Kaduna (ongoing)
7. Construction of Modern Medical Diagnostic Centre at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), Kano (ongoing)
8. Completed Sabke Water Supply Project, Katsina State
9. Completed Shagari Irrigation Project, Sokoto State
10. Completed Galma Dam, Kaduna State.
11. Energizing Education Programme, an initiative of the FGN to provide sustainable and clean power supply to Federal Universities and University Teaching Hospitals across Nigeria, is being implemented in the Bayero University–New Campus, Kano; and the Usmanu Danfodiyo University–Main Campus, Sokoto
12. Transmission Infrastructure (completed):
a. 60MVA Transformer in Dan Agundi Substation, Kano
b. 2X60MVA Transformer in Kakuri Substation, Kaduna
c. 60MVA Transformer in Katsina Substation
d. 40MVA Mobile Substation at Zaria, Kaduna State, added capacity 32MW (2017)
e. 2x40MVA 132/33KV Power Transformer at Daura, Katsina State, added capacity 64MW (2017)
f. 60MVA 132/33KV Power Transformers at Hadejia, Jigawa State, added capacity 48MW (2017)
g. 60MVA 132/33KV Power Transformers at Funtua, Katsina State, added capacity 48MW (2017)
h. 60MVA 132/33KV Power Transformers at Sokoto, Sokoto State, added capacity 48MW (2016)
13. Social Investment Programme:
a. 95,900 N-Power Beneficiaries across the seven States of the North West.
b. School Feeding currently ongoing in 5 States of the North West: Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Zamfara and Sokoto
14. Sabon Gari and Kantin Kwari Market Electrification Projects: The Federal Government is implementing its Energizing Economies Programme, which will bring stable and reliable electricity to the 13,000 shops in Sabon Gari Market, and 7,700 shops in Kantin Kwari Market, both in Kano.
15. Construction of 215MW Kaduna Power Plant, Kaduna (ongoing)
16. Construction of 10MW Katsina Wind Power Plant, Katsina: (As of Q1 2018, 15 of the 37 turbines had been installed and put to use, producing about 4MW)