Buhari Administration Projects in South South Nigeria (Niger Delta)
1. Afam Fast Power Project: Construction of US$186 million, 240MW expansion for the existing Afam Power Plant (commenced in 2016, almost completed)
2. Dualisation of Yenegwe Road Junction-Kolo-Otuoke-Bayelsa Palm (Sukuk Bond) (ongoing)
3. Rehabilitation of Sections 1 to 4 of the Enugu — Port Harcourt Expressway (ongoing)
4. Construction of 120 billion Naira Bonny-Bodo Road in Rivers State, jointly funded by the Federal Government and the Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas Company Limited (NLNG)(ongoing)
5. Completion of new Port Harcourt International Airport Terminal
6. Construction of East-West Road (ongoing).
7. Completed the 60km Alesi–Ugep Road in Cross River State; contract awarded for 72km section from Odukpani Junction to Ugep.
8. Rehabilitation of Calabar–Itu–Odukpani Road that links Akwa-Ibom to Cross River (ongoing)
9. Niger Delta New Vision (Federal Maritime University in Delta State licensed by NUC and commenced academic activities in 2018; Modular Refineries in Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom States; Ogoni Clean Up in Rivers — ongoing)
10. Financial Close for Azura Power Plant in Edo State: The necessary Federal Government approvals for this US$900 million private sector investment were given by President Buhari, paving the way for financial close in December 2015, and the commencement of construction in January 2016. The 459MW project was completed in May 2018, seven months ahead of schedule.
11. Water Projects:
a. Completed Ogwashi-Uku Dam, Delta State;
b. Completed Ekeremor Water Supply Project, Edo State;
c. Completed Northern Ishan Regional Water Supply Project, serving Ugboha and Uromi communities of Edo State;
d. Completed Rehabilitation of Ojirami Dam Water Supply Project, Edo State;
e. Completed Central Ogbia Regional Water Project in Bayelsa State.
12. Social Investment Programme: 85,000 N-Power Beneficiaries in the South South; School Feeding has kicked off in 3 of the six States: Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Delta.