It’s interesting to think about each human need as a marketplace. Who’s helping folks satisfy these needs?
- Certainty: insurance companies, armies/countries, salary distributors, hospitals
- Uncertainty/Variety: tourism, bars, art, clothes, entertainment
- Significance: religion, biology that ties us to offspring
- Connection/Love: communications companies, institution of marriage
- Growth: schools, books, the Internet
- Contribution: nonprofits & foundations, mission-driven companies
Which market is most under-served? What are ways to satisfy these needs that draw on new technologies?