Happy Mother’s Day
Here’s a special tribute to mothers everywhere:
“M” is for the million things she gave me,
“O” means only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her heart of purest gold,
“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER,” a word that means the world to me. -Howard Johnson
Here are some ideas to celebrate and show your mother love that won’t sabotage her weight loss efforts:
· Perfume and fresh flowers are always good especially if they are her special favorites.
· Give her a special subscription to a healthy cooking magazine, a low-carb cookbook, (CMWM has several to choose from) or even a healthy cooking class or two?
· How about a trial membership to a local health club — or even just give mom the time to go work out or go for a walk every day.
· Give mom a special yoga DVD with a stress reduction section (CMWM just happens to have one of those too!)
· If you really have to spoil her with some food related choices at least consider some Chocolate Delites from the program.
· Try some of our CMWM recipes designed specifically for special occasions. How about a low carb Asparagus Quiche special breakfast served on a tray with some fresh flowers?
· Numerous stores carry bath salts and special aromatherapy items that are guaranteed to relax her mind, body and spirit.
· If she really wants to go out to eat, choose a place with a nice atmosphere and that has healthy choices. Don’t choose a buffet.